Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hotter than Hades out Here

The past two weeks have been eventful and challenging.  This weekend, we are approaching Chicago, and putting more than half the country under our belts!

Last weekend we stopped in St. Paul/Minneapolis.  I had the chance to speak at two Masses, one that was filmed and one that was recorded, so my face and my voice graced the airwaves of the Twin Cities.  After the TV Mass, Father was kind enough to inform me that I have a face better suited for radio.  On Saturday night we visited the Mall of America, and I am not ashamed to say that I was so suffocated that I spent the majority of 4 hours reading in a secluded corner of one of the 6 different food courts.

This week has been difficult.  Heat exhaustion, preexisting health problems, and wear from the road teamed up with 105 degree heat and a severe shortage of rain in Wisconsin to give our group a true sacrifice.  In order to keep us going, I have been doing 20-25 mile shifts with barely a break in between.  I can truly say that the only thing keeping me going this week has been the prayers of those around me and the intercession of St. John Vianney.

1 comment:

  1. Get the group to your host family house early on Friday the 3rd. One of our parish churches is St. john Vianney and we are celebrating his feast day on the 3rd at that church. For his actually feast day on the 4th, we are hosting the Knights of Columbus Family BBQ at our house and all of YOU are our guests of honors! When you are there in between Masses.

    ReplyDelete