Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Who I am and why I'm here

My name is Josh Bathon.  I am entering my third year in the Seminary at the University of Notre Dame.  One of the people who has impacted my life the most is my older brother, Dave.  Growing up, I learned from his mistakes and emulated his triumphs.  I looked up to him as an example that I would follow.

When I was in high school, he walked across the country with a pro-life group called Crossroads.  I thought this was just about the coolest thing in the world.  I promised myself that some day I would do it too, and this summer I'm making good on that promise.  On May 21st, I'm going to set out from Seattle with about 15 other college students for my cross country journey.  I'll wear a shirt that says "PRO LIFE" on the front, and speak in Churches along the way.  By early August, I'll reach New York City, 3 months and 3000 miles richer. 

My goal: to let people know that kids my age care. We watch the news, listen to speeches, look up party platforms online, follow the laws, vote, and before long we'll be raising the next generation.  I want people to know that we know the issue, that we've spent time thinking about it, and that we care enough to do something.  My purpose is to let people know that we won't sit idly by and watch a grave injustice against humanity go on unchallenged within our own country.

This is a space that I'll use this summer to record what's going on.  Many of you are giving me support with words, prayers, and donations, and as a token of my gratitude I'll be keeping this updated every week so you can see your sacrifice and mine put to use.  So join me here this summer, as I make my voice heard.  Come and watch me speaking with my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment